29 September 2011

More Caffenol! and Some News

Well... this one doesn't have nearly as many pictures as the previous one had.  In fact, this one doesn't have any at all as I'm tired and lazy. 

I did a roll last night that turned out, but with this weird spot where the dev and fixer did not go.  Because I decided to call an audible while loading the tank (and because I didn't have my ceremonial beer with me in the dev room).  I loaded the roll of film backward of what I had been rolling it.  Normally I roll it to the curve of the film as it comes out of the cassette.  So, it conforms to the natural bend of the film and will thus load easier... not sure why i turned it about, but I did.  Lost two pictures, not a big loss as they weren't the strongest of the roll anywho. 

Tonight I did a roll from my La Sardina (well Sardina 2, but Sardina none the less).  Did it the same ol' same ol' way and it turned out fantastically.  Was pretty much just a test roll, but there are some shots I would have missed had it not worked out.  I did have the beer and I did load it normally.

In other news!

So, I talked to my project director and he's letting me shoot on the site.  I let him know I'd be focusing on the people digging rather than the archaeology as we've got plenty of those types of pictures and I understand the sensitivity of the subject of personal photos.  Stipulations:  I was going to take off a few hours one day and shoot, he told me to fit it into my day, but my shots have to be available to the organization for their report and other publication uses.  I was fine with that as I'd planned on throwing that in anyways.  So, there's that.

Also, I'll be showing some pictures at a local gallery a few blocks from my house.  I met the curator during a street festival and we started talking art and then we met after and it just happened.  I brought some stuff of mine and he really enjoyed it.  I'll be showing in November (with an opening party in early Nov.) with two other artists.  Curator was really surprised to hear that I shot on film.  Was further surprised to hear that I developed my own stuff.  Granted some of the shots I'm picking aren't all self dev, some if not most will be.  I'm super excited and will have more info as it is made available to me.

Guess it's time for bed.  Lemon out.

No comments:

Post a Comment