22 September 2011

Fun with Caffenol!

Well, the gamble paid off.  I got the recipe right and have been successfully developing film for a few weeks now.  I'm a few rolls in, I guess.  Here's a sample from that first field test:









After this run I was so impressed with the results I decided to go again:



Took some more at a local street festival this past weekend that didn't turn out badly.  Haven't gotten a chance to process (resize and crop out scanning mask) those yet.  To now, these have all been shot on the Mamiya/Sekor 500dtl @ 80iso and meter. 

I just got a new camera from Lomography.  The Sprocket Rocket.  In comparison to the 500 it's very limited.  Single shutter speed, no film speed setting, 2 f stops for "sunny" and "cloudy."  So, I figured, it wasn't too sunny the other day I'd shoot a test roll and develop it at home.  So, I set it to the "cloudy" setting for more light and hopefully a bit over like the 80iso set.  I was pleasantly surprised with the results:



The first thing I did when I got the Sprocket Rocket was pull out the sprocket hiding mask.  I mean... why would they even send that with the camera?  Anyways, I was very happy with the outcome.  Granted, it's a little more foggy than I'd like; I can live with it, I think.

Now, I just have to mix my HC110 and get some more Tri-X.  Looking at bulk rolling The Tri-X rebrand and saving myself a couple bucks.  Just need to get that equipment.

Anywho, that's all for now.  Oh!  Meeting with a gallery owner about a possible show in November.  We'll see how this transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment